It’s the middle of November, and here in Colorado very little rain or snow has fallen in the past few months. It’s easy to see why it’s important to keep conserving water. Use these tips to help conserve water within your home.
1. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. The typical person can save up to 4 gallons per minute, and a family of four can save 200 gallons a week just with this one simple tip.
2. Install low flow showerheads. Take the bucket test. If your showerhead can fill a one gallon bucket in less than 20 seconds, its time to replace your showerhead.
3. Don’t run your washer or dishwasher every day; only run them when they are full.
4. When running your washer, match the water level to the size of the load. Not every load has to be run at full capacity.
5. Reuse your shower towel. Even reusing it once can cut your laundry requirements in half.
6. Instead of running your tap water for cold water, consider filling pitchers and jugs, and placing them in your refrigerator. A cold drink will be easier – and more efficient – to get to.
7. Install a hot water circulation system. You can instantly have hot water whenever you choose, and save thousands of gallons of water per year.
Looking for ways to green up your life? Get started today, and make next year your most efficient year yet.
Plumbing Repair Services
Quality 1st Plumbing Repair is a full-service plumbing contractor serving Metro Denver. We are licensed and insured, and our technicians are professionally trained in the repair and installation of all plumbing systems and fixtures. We are Colorado’s FIRST Licensed and Accredited GreenPlumbers! Visit our website