So you’re looking for a plumber. Maybe you’ve heard horror stories from neighbors and friends. Or maybe you’ve never had the need to hire a plumber. What do you need to look for when deciding to hire a plumber? Start by asking for recommendations, and ask these questions:
- How long have you been a plumber?
- What type of training have you had?
- Do you belong to any professional organizations?
- Are you licensed and registered with the state?
- Are you insured?
- Do you have any references?
A plumber will be in your home for the time it takes to finish the job – anywhere from an hour to several days, depending on the complexity of the job. Make sure you are comfortable with the person you are hiring, and understand how you will be charged for the job.
And if you’re happy with the service, make sure you share your results with friends.