Here in Colorado, worrying about our water supply is something we do. We can go months without rain or snow, leaving us wondering what will happen to our landscape next summer.
Water is something we can’t do without. Yet even though it is something we use and consume all the time, its also one of the biggest things we take for granted. Its there and we use it – why worry about it?
While we typically have water readily available, there are 10 important facts that will make you more informed about the importance of water.
1. 70% of the human body is made up of water.
2. Not all water on Earth is drinkable. Even though 70% of the earth consists of water, less than one percent is available for drinking simply due to its safety for human consumption. The rest of the water is either frozen, in the soil or located underground, making it inaccessible.
3. A large majority of the food we consume is filled with water. This fluid adds up to help you reach the recommended amount of fluid intake on a daily basis.
4. Water is recycled over and over again. The water that you drink, use to shower or wash dishes with was on Earth millions years ago.
5. The water found in the sea contains a large amount of salt, which makes it harder to freeze. The water in the sea freezes when the temperature hits -2 degrees Celsius.
6. The water cycle is an ongoing cycle and is how water is consistently recycled. Water that is present in the air is evaporated by the sun, the clouds create precipitation and eventually rainwater is trapped underground. Some of it runs off the land into the sea to begin the recycling process again.
7. Babies are comprised of 80 percent of water. The level drops as the baby grows up.
8. When you are trying to lose weight, the first weight that you lose is from water. Drinking cold water can speed up the process. Drinking water will also help you to feel fuller longer, preventing you from eating too much.
9. The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean in the world, measuring 166 million square kilometers.
10. A majority of the water used is for growing crops, which in turn helps our bodies.
Plumbing Repair Services
Quality 1st Plumbing Repair is a full-service plumbing contractor serving Metro Denver. We are licensed and insured, and our technicians are professionally trained in the repair and installation of all plumbing systems and fixtures. We are Colorado’s FIRST Licensed and Accredited GreenPlumbers! Visit our website